Whether you drive in for a day trip or book a camping stay, our Endless Caverns are a must see for the whole family. Knowledgeable guides will talk about the history and teach you about the geology of this subterranean treasure.
ABOUT ENDLESS CAVERNS
Discovered back in 1879 as simply a deep, dark hole covered by boulders this beautiful underground treasure has been fascinating visitors for nearly 150 years. Sitting at the base of the Massanutten Mountain range, this six-mile cave system still has areas that have yet to be explored. Traverse the various cave rooms as you make your way through this timeless limestone masterpiece.
Spring Tour Hours
Tours are held every two (2) hours from April 1st to Memorial Day
Summer Tour Hours
Tours are held every hour (1) from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- 4pm (last tour)
Fall Tour Hours: Day after Labor Day – November 15th
Tours are held every two (2) hours from the day after Labor Day to November 15th
- Monday-Friday: 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm & 4pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
Children aged 4-12: $14
Children 3 and under: Free
Receive $5 off with your overnight stay
Tour Rules + Information
*Caverns are not handicap accessible and require the use of multiple staircases.
- Please keep in mind that this is a cave with steps, slopes, and uneven surfaces.
- The tour lasts approximately 75 minutes and is just under 1 mile in length.
- This is the longest commercial cave tour in the state of Virginia!
- There are no restrooms in the cave.
- The cave temperature is 55ºF (12ºC) year-round.
- We recommend bringing a light sweater or jacket and wearing good walking shoes.
- Parents are responsible for their children and their safety at all times.
- Cameras are permitted; however, tripods are not allowed.
- No pets, food, strollers, or back baby carriers/slings. Babies are only permitted to be carried on the front in a carrier/sling.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Cooler temperatures await as you head underground for this 75-minute tour of our Endless Caverns. Experienced guides will lead you through while discussing the history and composition of the caverns. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended to fully enjoy the countless tunnels and chambers as you look to find the still yet to be discovered end to this cave system.