Nearby, unique attractions for all ages
Explore the surrounding Shenandoah Valley with plenty of things to do and see for everyone during your summer vacation. Head back in time to experience the Civil War at the nearby New Market Battlefield. Plan a day trip out on the Shenandoah River at the Downriver Canoe Company with a variety of offerings to enjoy being out on the water. A stay at Endless Caverns is sure to be filled with long-lasting memories.
FUN-FILLED FAMILY RECREATION
Waterparks, theme parks, canoeing + more.
- Massanutten Waterpark – rain or shine, this indoor waterpark offers a splashing good time
- Dinosaur Land – journey back to prehistoric times when dinosaurs roamed the earth
- Virginia Safari Park – experience wild animals getting up close and personal in Virginia’s only drive through safari
- Downriver Canoe Company – whether you take a canoe, a kayak, a raft or a tube, you will have an enjoyable day out on the Shenandoah River
- Busch Gardens – fun for everyone at this theme park filled with world-class coasters and rides
- Kings Dominion Amusement Park – thrilling families for 45 years, with amazing rides and a splash-filled waterpark
HISTORY + CULTURE
Battlegrounds, museums, + more.
- New Market Battlefield – journey to 1864 to experience the battle of a combined 10,000 troops at this historical Civil War site
- Virginia Museum of the Civil War – explore artifacts and exhibits related to Virginia’s involvement in the Civil War
- Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum – featuring a variety of interactive and fun ways to learn for young children
- Rouss Center for the Arts – live, community theatre offering live plays, musicals and more
- Charles Town Races & Slots – featuring live thoroughbred horse racing during July and August
- Shenandoah Vineyards – enjoy wine from the valley’s oldest vineyard in their tasting room, housed in a Civil War era barn