Explore the surrounding Shenandoah Valley with plenty of things to do and see for everyone during your summer vacation. Head back in time to experience the Civil War at the nearby New Market Battlefield. Plan a day trip out on the Shenandoah River at the Downriver Canoe Company with a variety of offerings to enjoy being out on the water. A stay at Endless Caverns is sure to be filled with long-lasting memories.
FUN-FILLED FAMILY RECREATION
Looking for family-friendly activities while exploring the New Market area? Some of our top picks for you to enjoy while you’re camping with us include:
- Rain or shine, the Massanutten Waterpark is an indoor waterpark offering fun for everyone!
- Journey back to prehistoric times at Dinosaur Land
- Experience wild animals in Virginia’s only drive-through safari at Virginia Safari Park
- It is always an enjoyable time at Downriver Canoe Company, bring a canoe, a kayak, a raft, or a tube!
- You can’t go wrong at Busch Gardens with world-class coasters and rides
- The Kings Dominion Amusement Park has been thrilling families for 45 years, with amazing rides and a splash-filled waterpark
HISTORY + CULTURE
While you’re probably here for a camping getaway, there might be times or rainy days when you’re looking for something different. Virginia has plenty to discover from museums to entertainment to vineyards.
- Journey to 1864 at the New Market Battlefield to experience the battle of a combined 10,000 troops at this historical Civil War site
- Explore artifacts and exhibits at the Virginia Museum of the Civil War
- The Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum features a variety of interactive and fun ways to learn for young children
- If you’re looking for a live community theater, Rouss Center for the Arts offers live plays, musicals, and more
- During July and August, you can check out Charles Town Races & Slots for live thoroughbred horse racing
- Enjoy wine from Shenandoah Vineyards, the valley’s oldest vineyard housed in a Civil War-era barn